As a content creator, your human touch can make all the difference.
As a content entrepreneur, ChatGPT and similar AI tools can make a difference in your business.ChatGPT can be a helpful partner for the operations side of a #ContentBusiness. #ContentEntrepreneur #CreatorEconomy Click To Tweet
But wait, before you proceed, I must share the obligatory caveat: ChatGPT results should always be reviewed as they may not fully appreciate your prompt/question or deliver a perfect response.
1. Prioritize your to-do list: Daunted by all the tasks you must complete. ChatGPT may help you take a breath and figure it out.
Here’s an example shared by AskJimmySmith:
I need to record a YouTube video, make TikToks, work with my VA, sign a contract, publish a blog post, and do Amazon sourcing. Can you help me prioritize my to-do list for me?
ChatGPT really delivers this reply with not only a ranking but an explanation of its reasoning:
1. Sign the contract – This task is time-sensitive and should be done first to avoid any delays or missed deadlines.
2. Publish the blog post … This will help you stay on track with your content creation schedule.
3. Record the YouTube video … Video is important for building a strong online audience.
4. Do Amazon sourcing … I recommend doing this task when you have the most energy and focus.
5. Make TikToks … TikToks are a great way to engage with your audience, but they are not as time-sensitive as the other tasks.
6. Work with your VA … This task is important … but it can be done any time of day … However, if you have an urgent task, it should be prioritized accordingly.
Look at items two and three – ChatGPT really gets the content business. It recognizes the value of publishing consistently and the importance of the video format with today’s audiences.
AskJimmySmith then prompted ChatGPT for schedule advice based on this to-do list and shared his available time to work on them. It delivered an hourly calendar but included activities when he said he wasn’t unavailable. It also allocated the same time (an hour) for signing the contract and recording the video. That’s why we say a critical review of the results is necessary. Interestingly, ChatGPT also scheduled breaks even though they weren’t on the to-do list and explained at the end of the reply why breaks are necessary.
2. Get goal advice: Similar to the to-do list, you may have a big goal that seems overwhelming. ChatGPT can suggest ways to break it into manageable pieces.
Continuing with AskJimmySmith’s example, the next prompt asked for help in goal-setting around an item on the to-do list.
For the Amazon sourcing, I’d like to find 10 new replenishable products and spend $400. Can you help me set a good goal to make sure I hit that in my schedule?
ChatGPT breaks down the task into five smaller, more manageable goals. Here are the first two:
1. Spend the first 15-20 minutes of your sourcing session doing research to identify potential projects to source. Use resources like Jungle Scout or Keepa to find products with consistent sales and profitability.
2. Set a goal to review 20 products during each sourcing session. Spend 5-7 minutes reviewing each product, checking for factors like sales history, customer reviews, and seller competition.
3. Brainstorming business ideas: Many content entrepreneurs don’t work with anyone else. It can be hard on your own to come up with ideas on how to grow the business. That’s why I asked ChatGPT a question on most entrepreneurs’ minds:
How can I make more money in my creator business?
ChatGPT delivered six broad responses but provided some details on execution.
- Diversify your income streams: Consider creating multiple revenue streams by offering different products or services. For example, you can sell merchandise, offer online courses or workshops, or provide consulting services.
- Expand your audience: Increasing your reach by expanding your audience can help you earn more money. You can try new marketing strategies or collaborate with other creators in your niche to reach a broader audience.
- Offer premium services or products: You can create a premium version of your existing products or services with additional features or benefits. This can help you attract customers who are willing to pay more for a higher level of service or quality.
- Increase your prices: If you’ve been in business for a while and you’re providing high-quality content or services, it may be time to increase your prices. This can help you earn more income without increasing your workload.
- Seek out sponsorships or partnerships: Partnering with brands or other creators can be a lucrative way to earn more income. You can offer sponsored posts, product reviews, or other promotional services in exchange for payment.
4. Draft emails: Reduce the time you spend drafting and proofreading your emails by asking ChatGPT to do it, says Niche Pursuits’ Ashley Simpson. She recommends introducing yourself and your role/business and being as specific as possible about what you need in the prompt so the email draft is more likely to suit your needs.
5. Write the content discovery accoutrements: Every piece of content should have a meta description that will entice the searcher to stop on your result. ChatGPT can help with that and the other supporting elements of your primary content, from your alt-image descriptions to headlines. It could even help write the related social media blurbs.
Mediavine used this prompt:
Write a 160-character upbeat meta description for an article about a tomato soup recipe.
ChatGPT served up this:
Get ready to warm up with a delicious bowl of homemade tomato soup! This recipe is quick, easy, and bursting with flavor. Perfect for any chilly day!
I’m not a fan of exclamation marks, so I would delete those, but other than that, ChatGPT’s reply satisfies the prompt.
By viewing ChatGPT as an entrepreneur and not as a content creator, you may find it helpful in running your business more efficiently and effectively.
How are you using ChatGPT and other AI generative tools? Tag us on Twitter (@TheTiltNews) or email us.
- How To Boost Your Productivity With ChatGPT (AskJimmySmith)
- 9 Ways You Can Use ChatGPT for Productivity and Efficiency Right Now (Niche Pursuits)
- 5 Ways Bloggers Can Use ChatGPT To Increase Productivity (Mediavine)
Want more help for your content business? Subscribe to The Tilt’s twice-a-week newsletter with news, helpful advice, and stories of your peers.
About the author
Ann regularly combines words and strategy for B2B, B2C, and nonprofits, continuing to live up to her high school nickname, Editor Ann. An IABC Communicator of the Year and founder of G Force Communication, Ann coaches and trains professionals in all things content. Connect with her on LinkedIn and Twitter.